Frequently asked Questions
- Is Marshview easy to visit?
We are located on the outskirts of Hailsham on a quiet road but only a short walk from the town centre. There is a bus stop nearby. We have our own car park.
- Is there an outdoor area?
We have a garden where residents can sit and relax.
- Is the atmosphere welcoming and friendly?
Our staff are carefully selected and trained to give the best care possible and to take time to talk to our residents and ensure their needs are catered for.
- Do you cater for people with dementia, or Parkinson's disease?
Our staff are fully trained to cope with these diseases and endeavour to make residents enjoy life as much as possible.
- Do you cater for end of life care?
We recognise this will be a distressing time for the residents family and friends. Our staff are trained to assist the family and resident during this difficult time.
- Is the home clean without being too tidy and is it pleasantly furnished?
We try to create a homely atmosphere and encourage our residents to bring personal belongings so their room is as relaxing and familiar as possible.
- Are the corridors wide enough for a walking frame or wheelchair?
There is access for frames and wheelchairs throughout the home.
- Can a person have a single room?
The majority of rooms are single. This is important so the residents can retain their dignity.
- Can residents go to their room whenever they want?
Residents can decide where they want to be within the home and they can have their meals in their room if they decide to.
- Are there enough toilets within easy reach of residents' rooms and are they large enough for a member of staff to help if necessary?
There are toilets close to all rooms and are large enough for staff to aid residents.
- Are special diets catered for?
We note any special dietary needs and ensure that residents enjoy a varied selection of meals.
- Is there an activity schedule?
There are a wide choice of activities from exercise classes to sing-a-longs and art classes.
- Do residents get the opportunity to leave the home?
We arrange regular outings to cafés, the theatre, shopping trips and pantomimes.